Monday, May 16, 2016

Reseller Stuff: Love to Sell Vintage on eBay

If you're like me, the best part of being a reseller is the hunt. The "sourcing of product." There's just nothing like going into a new thrift store for the first time and sifting through treasures.

My plan for last week was to list clothes. Didn't happen. We traveled out of town instead. For two days, I carefully curated new items to sell from stores I'd never been in. Heaven. Most the 33 items I bought ate vintage. I'll pick out some of my favorites to show you in my next haul. 

One of the reasons I love selling vintage items is because of their intrinsic value. Sure, if you find identical items on eBay, you have a certain price point to match. But when you find things that are unique, you get to set your own price. A lot goes into the that amount, including rarity, sentimental value, and customer impulse shopping. My first item below illustrates my point.

Here are some of last week's sales:


(Top to bottom, left to right)
1. Vintage barkcloth curtain panel. Pd. $25, Sold for $89.
2. Laura Biogiotti sunglasses. Pd. $.50, Sold for $35.
3. Laurel Burch purse. Pd. $5.99, Sold for $15.
4. Mary Engelbreit knife. Pd. $.25, Fold for $5.
5. My cute logo.
6. Susan Bristol fall sweater. Pd. $5.99, Sold for $19.99.
7. Wooden Tiki mug. Pd. $.95, Sold for $8.99.
8. "Polite to Point" Needlework kit. Pd. $5, Sold for $25.
9. 3 Bobcat caps (same buyer). Pd. $1.99 ea., Sold for $28.97.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Happy thrifting!   ~Lisa

What was your best sale of last week? Leave a comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment