Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Reseller Stuff: Now on Ebay, Etsy, and Amazon

I finally did it! I opened an Etsy shop. Since I sell so many vintage items, it just made sense.

My plan is to cross-list items on Ebay and Etsy to get more eyes on them. Some of the resellers I follow say this works for them. We'll see. The only real hassle is to end the listing on the other site when an item sells. 

So what tipped me over the edge? This item:


I found it at a thrift store today for $3. It is a doll from the '50s made with ladies' hankies. The label says it was "Designed and Create by Neiman-Marcus Packaging Staff." According to my research, these were made for women to put on their vanities. The only similar one I found was listed on Etsy for $125. Soon, there will be two! 

Another first is that I listed some items on Amazon Merchant Fulfilled. I tried FBA about a year ago, but didn't like the idea of paying Amazon to store items. I don't plan to shop for new goods just to send in, but I do like the idea of selling books on the site. 

Crossing my fingers that this experiment increases sales.

Happy thrifting. ~Lisa

Do you sell on multiple platforms? What's your experience? Share in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. I sell on etsy, ebay, amazon fba and bonanza. It really helps the sales each month. FBA is the biggest chunk of my business, but they all have sales each month. Just remember to delete it from the other place once it sells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, What do you send in to FBA? Also, I just used the mobile ETSY app to list an item. Do you use it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like etsy too Lisa, we don't sell a great deal on there but it's a great little place to sell and make a little side cash. I feel like if we really wanted to go ALL IN on etsy we could make a full time income on there but it would mean we could not do much on ebay for a long while and we are still building our ebay business for now. Let me know how your doing on etsy, would love to hear about it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. also wish you had a link to your etsy shop

      Delete