Friday, June 3, 2016

Reseller Stuff: Are You Selling Internationally?

















Some savvy sellers boast on their ability to ship internationally without using eBay's Global Shipping Program. Not me. I love the GSP.


Champagne case sold to buyer in the UK.
Shipped First Class to Kentucky for 3.45.
If you sell on eBay and don't use it, I really encourage you to give it a try. In a nutshell, all you are doing is sending your package to the shipping center in Kentucky, and the program does the rest. Yes, it's that easy.

I understand that it's more expensive for the buyer and may discourage some sales, but the ease and protection for the seller and the buyer is worth it. I recently sold a jewelry box that arrived in the UK damaged. One call to eBay and the problem was resolved. They refunded the buyer and let her keep the item. No money came out of my account and the case was closed. Much easier (and cheaper) than if it had happened in the U.S.

In other news, I made my first sale on Amazon. I decided to try Merchant Fulfilled and listed a whopping two whole books. Now, a few weeks later, one of them actually sold! That means I have sold 50% of my Amazon inventory. Seriously, though, it reminds me of the power of the platform. I have decided to give FBA another shot as soon as things settle down.

We are putting in new floors in our house, and things are a colossal mess. I am trying not to complain because we have waited a long time for this, but it has been five days of banging, clanging, and thick dust everywhere. My "office" has been relegated to the back bedroom on a card table. My printer, scale, etc. are on the bed. Not ideal. 

And so far, they have only done demo. Apparently, in 1973 they really knew how to stick stuff to the floor and assumed it was never coming up. It almost didn't.


As far as Etsy is concerned, my store is open, and I've cross listed a few things from eBay. Again, it is a little time consuming. Since I only resell part time, I'm trying to concentrate my effort on getting my backlog up on eBay first before I worry about Etsy.

One of the things I did recently accomplish was to organize my unlisted merchandise into bins and boxes of like items. Now, instead of coming home from thrifting and throwing everything into a pile, I put it away neatly. My hope is to tackle each staff methodically when the time comes.




 

This exercise in organization also made me realize that I didn't have as much back inventory as I thought. That makes it a little less overwhelming. 

Hope you are having a productive start to your summer. 
Happy thrifting.  -Lisa

I estimated I have about 200 unlisted items. How much backlog do you  have? Share in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. I list about 100 items a week and I figure I can list for 12 weeks before I run out of inventory. :) I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you check the box in your listing to ship to GSP, do you also have to check the box for international shipping? And do you just charge for shipping to Kentucky?
    Thanks for replying...
    the5cees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete